How to Set Google as Your Homepage in Any Web Browser
Your choice of homepage says a lot about you as a person. Much like your desktop wallpaper, it can give people a lasting impression about your persona. However, unlike a wallpaper or a theme, it also has to retain an element of usefulness.
There’s no point in choosing a homepage that’s only on your screen for two seconds before you navigate away.
How to Set Your Homepage on Google Chrome
- Open Chrome.
- Click on the Menu icon in the upper right-hand corner (three vertical dots).
- Select Settings.
- Scroll down to On Startup.
- Mark the checkbox next to Open a specific page or set of pages.
- Enter www.google.com into the on-screen box.
How to Set Your Homepage on Microsoft Edge
- Open Edge.
- Click on the More icon in the upper right-hand corner (three horizontal dots).
- Select Settings.
- In the dropdown menu under Open Microsoft Edge With, choose A Specific Page or Pages.
- Enter www.google.com in the on-screen box.
How to Set Your Homepage on Mozilla Firefox
- Open Firefox.
- Click on the Menu button (three horizontal lines).
- Select Options.
- In the panel on the left-hand side of the screen, choose General.
- Scroll down to When Firefox starts.
- Select Show your homepage.
- Enter www.google.com into the Homepage box at the bottom of the screen.
How to Set Your Homepage on Safari
- Open Safari.
- Go to Safari > Preferences.
- In the new window, select the General tab.
- Scroll down to the Homepage field.
- Enter www.google.com.
- Select Change Homepage when prompted.
Remember, these aren’t the only worthwhile desktop browsers. If you’d like to try a less common app, check out our best browsers guide.
- Mobile data usage is expensive. So how do you k...
- People around the world use dating sites and da...
- Backing up the data on your computer is crucial...
- While many hate subtitles because they get in t...
- Reddit now offers live chat rooms organized by ...