How to Take an iPhone Screenshot Without Home or Power Buttons
Taking a screenshot on your iPhone is one of the important shortcuts that most people know: press the Home and Power buttons together, and you can capture anything that’s on your screen.
But what happens if you have an issue with one of your iPhone’s buttons? If your Power button gets stuck or your Home button is unreliable, you might not be able to take screenshots. Thankfully, an accessibility feature known as AssistiveTouch can help.
How to Take an iPhone Screenshot Without Buttons
- Navigate to Settings > General > Accessibility.
- Find the AssistiveTouch entry and enable its slider. Doing so will add an overlay button to your screen consisting of a white dot.
- Whenever you tap the AssistiveTouch icon, you’ll see a menu that provides quick access to various functions. To easily add screenshot functionality to this menu, select Customize Top Level Menu.
- Here, tap an icon you’d like to replace and choose Screenshot. If you’d rather, you can add an icon by tapping the Plus button and creating a new shortcut to Screenshot.
- Alternatively, select the Double-Tap, Long Press, or 3D Touch options and set them to Screenshot for even more convenience.
- Now, whenever you select Screenshot from the quick menu or perform your assigned shortcut, your iPhone will take a screenshot as normal.
Note that when you take a screenshot with this method, the AssistiveTouch button won’t appear in the shot. You can drag the button to any corner of the screen you like. This feature is designed for users who have difficulty touching the screen, but it works just as well for anyone who has issues with their phone’s buttons.
If you’re feeling up to it, check out how to fix your own broken iPhone. Then you won’t have to deal with that problematic button.
Image Credit: jovannig/Depositphotos
- Mobile data usage is expensive. So how do you k...
- People around the world use dating sites and da...
- Backing up the data on your computer is crucial...
- While many hate subtitles because they get in t...
- Reddit now offers live chat rooms organized by ...