Palm Is Back With a Tiny Phone That’ll Keep You Off Your Phone
Before smartphones were in the pockets of just about everyone, many people used Palm devices to keep on track of their to-do list, calculations, and other day-to-day tasks. With the rise of iPhone, Android, Blackberry, and all the other always-connected devices, Palm faded into obscurity.
But now it’s back, at least in name. A new device sporting Palm branding, though actually made by TCL (the company that purchased the Palm name last year), is available right now for $ 349.99 exclusively through Verizon.
It’s not your traditional smartphone, and we’d even go as far as to say it’s quite weird.
What Is the New Palm Phone?
What’s interesting is that this isn’t a standalone phone designed to replace your current device. Instead, would-be buyers will need to add it to an existing line. Once activated, this would be the phone used when one wants to avoid the distractions offered by their larger, more feature-rich smartphones.
But it’s more confusing than that, because the phone isn’t limited in any major way other than its smaller size. It comes with Android 8.1 installed with full access to the Google Play Store and all the apps that live within.
To put it simply, it’s a little phone designed to prevent you from being distracted by your full-sized phone. It’s weird, but also quite an interesting concept.
If you’re still unsure about where this phone fits into our phone-loving world, you’re not alone. Here’s the quick pitch from Verizon:
“Ultra-portable and packed with premium features, it goes places your smartphone can’t.”
New Palm Specs
- 7.5 hrs usage time (800mAh battery)
- 12 MP camera
- 720 x 1280 pixels display
- 3.8 x 1.99 inches
- 3 GB RAM
- MSM8940, Octa-core 4 x 1.4GHz + 4 x 1.1GHz processor
How Do You Get One?
The Palm is available exclusively from Verizon for $ 349.99 (or $ 299.99 with a new 2-year contract). It’s out now in gold and titanium colors, and buyers can choose to have it shipped or they can pick it up from a local Verizon store.
As mentioned, it’s considered a companion phone, which means it’ll use your existing number and can’t be activated on a new line.
Smartphone addition is a very real thing, and it’s something many of suffer from. However, there are ways to curb your smartphone addiction (if you actually want to)!
Image Credit: Verizon
Read the full article: Palm Is Back With a Tiny Phone That’ll Keep You Off Your Phone
- Did you know that your Wi-Fi connection uses on...
- Facebook has announced plans to launch its own ...
- Life isn’t easy. We can all use a little ...
- If you want to make a living from code, Ruby is...
- Adobe has revealed more about Fresco, its new d...
- Want to install Windows 7 on your computer but ...
- Google has revealed more about Stadia, its clou...
- Batman and The Joker, Pepsi and Coca-Cola, Uber...
- You can now share your screen on mobile using S...
- Syncing your iPhone or iPad with any desktop co...