With Apple Podcasts, you get easy access to millions of podcasts. There's bound to be something you and your friends like on there. So how can you easily share episodes and podcast shows with your contacts?
How to Share a Podcast Show on Your iPhone
With Podcasts, you can conveniently share a podcast channel with your contacts without needing to subscribe to the show itself. This is perfect if you find a show that you think is perfect for a friend, but not great for you.
If you want to share a podcast show that you’re currently listening to:
- Open Podcasts, then tap Library.
- Tap and hold on the show you want to share, then choose Share Show. Choose how you want to share it. You can send it through Messages, Mail, and other third-party messaging apps like Skype, Messenger, and Viber.
- Alternatively, you can choose Copy Link and then paste the link anywhere you want.
If you want to send a show you aren’t subscribed to yet, go to the Browse or Search tab, search for the channel, long-press it, and choose Share Show or Copy Link. You can also subscribe to the channel by hitting Follow.
How to Share a Podcast Episode on Your iPhone
Sometimes, there are specific podcast episodes that you want to share rather than the entire podcast show. To do this:
- Go to Podcasts and tap Library.
- Tap on the podcast show where the episode is, then scroll to the episode you want to share. Long-press it, then choose to either Share Episode or Copy Link. You can also tap the episode, tap the ellipsis (…) icon, then tap Copy Link.
- You can also do the same for episodes that aren't in your library. Just go to the Browse or Search tab and search for the specific episode.
Spread the Knowledge With Podcasts
Podcasts can be an awesome source of information, trends, and inspiration. Share them with friends and family so you can discuss and learn about exciting topics that spark your curiosity. If you are a podcast creator, this can also be a quick way to promote your podcast through social media channels.